Cyrenaic

Cyrenaic

Tuesday, July 06, 2021

It’s another Fourth of July—2021

 By Steve Otto

It’s another 4th of July, for 2021. Every year is different, and this year has its own ups and downs. I had my brother John Otto and good friend John Mesh over for festivities. I had planned a Bar-B-Q and fireworks, which was not that different from last year accept Tom Saad got sick and couldn’t come as he did last year. The entire dinner that I planned for two days ago fell over. The grill was sitting on my back porch which has been falling apart for years. It simply tipped over after I put the hamburgers on to cook. I also put several ears of corn on, and I was able to save them since I could just clean them off in the faucet.

We ordered pizza for dinner since we had nothing else for dinner. I called Pizza Hut, down the street. I fell on the porch and hurt my right arm for the third time. That was painful.

John and my brother suggested I fly a flag. So I flew the Mozambique flag.

Mozambique was once revolutionary country. So I flew that flag. It is an interesting flag that has an AK 47 on it.

 


After we had dinner we set off some fireworks, firecrackers, smoke bombs, those little crackle things and some parashoots. John Otto shot off some roman candles since he had to leave early, even though it wasn't dark.

After he left I shot off my night fireworks including some rockets, spark fountains and those things that give of real bright white light.

My brother pointed out that we had a good time despite all the accidents. I had whiskey for the two of us. I also had some beer and coffee.  

This is a photo of those real bright things- often called "hashing signals" or "Big Pro Strobe."

And this sparkler fountain.


For a political look at the holiday- here at The Idiot FactorAnother year, another 4th of July- and another blog article

and at Otto's War Room

Another year, another 4th of July in the US - and another blog entry .


I love these big blow up logo things.

No comments: