Cyrenaic

Cyrenaic

Saturday, January 15, 2022

My birthday, 67 years old, 2022

 By Steve Otto

When the day began, I was not considering this to be a very good birthday. I’m sure I’ve had bad ones before, but this one got off to a bad start.

I’ve had this new girl friend, that is until today. She had plans for us to stay in a motel for a day or two. Those plans didn’t last long. The woman is crazy. She claims I said something rude while I was drunk. We all say stupid things when we are drunk. But she would not let it go. After a while she accused me of badgering her for the last 4 hours. All I did was try to talk to her. The more we talked the more obnoxious she got. When she finally left at dawn, I was glad to be rid of her.

I was supposed to have a celebration dinner at longhorn steakhouse. My brother John decided it was too cold to drive around, so we (meaning mostly him) decided to call of the dinner until tomorrow. So, realizing that I had nothing to drink tonight, I set off to walk to the liquor store for some refreshments. While it was 25 degrees out, more or less, I bundled up to go to that liquor store about 2 miles down the road.

Despite the long walk and the cold, I started off, trudging along. I stopped at Pizza Hut and decided to eat a little pizza and drink some ice tea. Then I got a call from my brother Phill. He didn’t know we called of dinner. So, I invited him to meet me at Pizza Hut. Then we went to the Agave Restaurant near the local liquor store.

Phill ate dinner, I just drank margaritas. It was a fine afternoon.



No comments: