Cyrenaic

Cyrenaic

Monday, August 09, 2021

One hell of a crappy year

 

By Steve Otto

This has got to be one of the worst, if not the worst, year of my life. Cam died in January. A month later a women hit my car and that caused cops to crawl all over me and I got busted for DUI. I thought I was sober, but no. The breathalyzer came back about .097. And the cops who busted me are chomping at the bit to take away my drivers license. I’m sure they want a conviction also.

Next I fell down a flight of steps at work. That cracked the skin on my head open and I damaged my shoulder and surrounding areas. The USD259 School System agreed to finance my recovery including an operation coming up this Wednesday. For about the last 4 years I have been using opium poppy tea that I get from the internet. Since I’m having an operation, I told the doctors nurse about it. She said to cut back as much as can or if possible, stop all together. They also told the school system who then made me take a drug test. They knew it would be possible, but they said they can overlook it if it’s not that high. I haven’t heard back from them yet. I may still lose my job.   

So after 4 years of addiction to Opium, I tried to kick the habit. It has not been easy. I have continued to keep reducing use, but completely abstaining is really hard. When I do, I definitely feel uneasy and creepy. I can drink to help control that, but it is not that easy to stay drunk for 24 hours—at least not for me.

I have tried to do some dating, including signing up for EliteSingles.com, a dating site. So far I just waisted my money. I have heard that it can take 70 women or more before I guy finds the one. So dating for me has been a dismal nightmare. The bar scene in Wichita is really bad most of the time. Finding single women by themselves is not easy. And bar hoping in general is expensive and so far, leads to nothing.

So far this year things have been awful. I hope it doesn’t get any worse, but who knows—it sure can get worse. I’m sick of living where I need a car. I want to move into Wichita where I can walk to places I want to go. My brother walks to Judy’s which is a pretty nice bar. I got to change things. My attempt to rebuild my widower life is not going well. We’ll see what happens.



Pix by The Etymology of 'Shit' | Snopes.com

No comments: