Cyrenaic

Cyrenaic

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Another night- personal finances and nothing else

 By Steve Otto

Tonight, I went to Larkspur, Wichita to listen to Matt Goolsby, of Market Advisory Group, talk about financial advisors, financial planning and taxes. I got a free meal out of this, but the drinks were way over-priced. While the meal was free, I spent $20 and $4 on tip for two glasses of wine. They weren’t even that full. They were more like thimbles.

While I am interested in how to make my money last longer, I also thought I might meet some interesting people, maybe even some women. Well…Nah..that didn’t happen. All the people were old farts like me. They were all couples except for two women. One sat next to me. I introduced myself to her and she could not have been less interested in me.

So, socializing there was a waist. I did save money on my meal, and it was good. I had the filet mignon. It came with mash potatoes and string beans. I also had a cheesecake for desert and it was good. They had chips and hummus for snacks and hors d'oeuvre made with cheese and vegetables. It was all good. But paying all that money for such a small glass of wine was a disappointment.

Lately I’ve been on the dating site Elite Singles, and I’ve targeted women over 50. I’m beginning to think that is a waste of time. Most of the women are from Oklahoma or they are from Kansas City or a city that is about a four-hour drive for a date. The first woman to message me in four days let me know she can’t go out with me because I’m an agnostic and her religious faith is important to her. When I get another paycheck, I may go to another site and lower the age limit to about 31. To hell with chasing women my own age. They are a waist of time.

While I know several old guys, who hang out at Dudley’s, the old farts at this affair looked as boring as it is possible to be. So, it was boring guys, boring married couples and boring women. A real wash out for a social gathering.

However, I may check into getting a financial advisor. My sister-on-law suggested that, and I may take her up on that. So, the evening wasn’t a total loss.   

 




Pix from “Older women looking for younger men | Older women dating sites 2018”

No comments: