Cyrenaic

Cyrenaic

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

An update on my recent, crappy, dating experiences

 By Steve Otto

Wow. I've been going on dates ever since the beginning of the year. Despite my declaration that I was finished with on line dating, I hooked up with some women who were new to me anyway. So far the experience has been horrible.

I heard from some women last week. One woman suggested we go out. I also had a date with a different woman the week before. So on Saturday, I get a call from the first woman who says her daughter doesn't think it is proper that she is dating, since her husband died only last August. I told her that many of my friends said the same thing after my wife died January of last year. I told them I have the right to do what I want with the rest of my life. About the same time I get a call from anther woman from that site claiming we met at Silver Singles. But I'm not on that sight and I told her that. It turns out that Silver Singles and Elite Singles must use the same site. She cussed me out about the same time the other woman told me her daughter means to much to her for us to ignore her and go out. But now I'm being screamed at by 2 different people or it seems that way. I told the first woman to "fuck off." Bad choice of words I'm sure, but it doesn't matter much because I think it was over for us anyway.

The other woman decides to go out with me last Saturday. I really liked her and thought maybe we had something in common. She did not and sent me a text telling me that we "were incompatible" and other various things, including telling me that she blocked my phone number.

I've been out with several women, all of the dates lasted once. The messages I get seem nastier all the time. I left a message for a woman last week. Yesterday I got a message back that accused me of calling her a guy. I may have misprinted something, but I clearly knew she was a woman and I told her so. She was rude and cussed me out. But to be fair, she did sort of apologize. 

I'm pulling back from dating for now. It just seems like there are women out there who feel free to be rude and obnoxious to men they don't know. A lot of these women are ass holes. I'm considering lowering my age limit to 50. What happens to these women to give them the excuse to be rude and obnoxious to people they never me. Many of them don't look that good, but I figures it was only fair to approach women in my age group.

Well the hell with that. I don't know when I will go back to looking for women again, I seem to like dating despite all the crap I've had to put up with. I'm going to be a lot pickier with the women I approach and I feel no obligation to nice to any person who is not respectful of me.

No comments: