Cyrenaic

Cyrenaic

Tuesday, December 08, 2020

My Uncle Eugene "Buddy" Roger King has died!

By SJ Otto

I hadn't seen my uncle Buddy (Eugene Roger King ) since I was a kid. When we were little, under 10 years old, my Mom and Dad would bring him home, put him into the living room and put him on the floor and let him play with toys like us kids. But he was an adult.

Years later I realized he was my uncle. When he was a child he got encephalitis from mosquitoes and he got 107˚ fever and it killed a lot of his brain, leaving him a near invalid. He had the mind of a child.

I wish I had gone to see him. He lived in an institution in Nevada, Missouri. It was a four hour drive from Wichita. It cost money and I never made the trip. I don't how much he would have gotten from a visit from me, but now it is too late to worry about it. My mother had four brothers. One, her favorite, Mickey, died in a car crash before I was born. There was Uncle Bill and he also had brain damage, but not near to the extent of Buddy. There was Uncle Vernon. He was normal. He moved to San Diego, California and I never visited him. He had some kids, so I have some cousins I'm unaware of. I would like to have met  them but I don't even know  their names.  My Mom, Uncle Vernon, Uncle Bill and now Uncle Buddy are now all dead. Families do die off after a certain amount of time. I wish I knew more about them all, but it is too late. They are all gone and I know little about them. And that is my loss.

I can still hunt for my cousins in California and maybe someday I will find some of them. Until then, it is a guessing game. And I am 65, so I have a limited time left. I'm trying not to waist that time.


From Nevada Daily Mail:

 

Eugene Roger King

Friday, November 13, 2020

Eugene Roger King, 86, Nevada, Mo., died on Thursday, Oct. 30, 2020, at Freeman West in Joplin, Mo. Eugene was born July 23, 1934, in St. Louis, Mo., to William J. and Ruth B. (Peters) King.

Memorials services will be held at 2 p.m., Friday, Nov. 13, at Ferry Funeral Home in Nevada.

View obituary and send condolences online at www.ferryfuneralhome.com.

 

AND!!!

 

Obituary

     Eugene Roger King, 86, Nevada, MO passed away on Thursday, October 30, 2020 at Freeman West in Joplin, MO. Eugene was born July 23, 1934 in St. Louis, MO to William J. and Ruth B. (Peters) King.

     Memorials services will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, November 13th, 2020 at Ferry Funeral Home in Nevada.

To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Eugene Roger King please visit our Tribute Store.

 

No comments: