Cyrenaic

Cyrenaic

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

A trip to Portland Oregon to visit my son, Ethan

By Steve Otto

For my trip to Portland Oregon, I took a few pictures. The first night I stayed at my son, Ethan Otto's house. It is a nice house near the middle of town. He has two cool room mates. One is a woman who draws for comic books, or as they say, graphic novels.

I stayed at a hotel for three nights, called "Inn At The Convention Center." It was a fairly good place to stay. But not the cheapest. I ate some of my meals at a Denny's near by (two blocks). Ethan told me he doesn't like Denny's.

Sunday night Ethan and I went to my brother Terry's house for dinner. We had some great fish. The rest of the trip I spent at Terry and Barb's house, except the last night. That last night I stayed in a hotel close to the Airport. It was a Super 8 and it was cheaper than the Inn and it had a fridge, microwave and a coffee maker. The people working there were very nice.

We did a lot of site seeing while Ethan was at work. Terry took me to Mt. Hood, which was covered in snow. It was beginning to snow in Wichita when I left. So I got to see not only a lot of snow, but that cloudy misty fog. It was a wonderful trip. I got to see something we rarely see in Wichita—a snowy day.

The next day Barb took me to buy some new shoes—which I badly needed and we went to a winery and hotel for lunch. And no! I bought my own shoes.

It was a fine trip. There is nothing like travel to get a person going.

It was great to see Ethan again. I also got to see my Brother Terry, his wife Barb and son Jeff.



Ethan took me to Pizzeria Otto. We both had a big pizza. It was really good, but I missed getting Ethan in this picture. We ate at a few other fine restaurants.

Here Barb and Jeff took a break from walking around, in front of one of Portland's many fine restaurants.
On a site seeing tour, we saw a lot of water falls that drain into the Columbia River. Terry pointed out one of the nude beaches in Portland. He said that people there will go to those beaches in surprisingly cold days. 

Here is Terry, Barb and the dog.

For a look at the homeless problem, in Portland, go to either The Idiot Factor or Otto's War Room.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Steve, I want to do something like this. I loved reading your story. But I am so un-tech! How do I even start something like this? I would rather write out all the stories in my head. reminds me of when I watched that Doogie Houser show and thought.. man i want to do that. Hmm I would have to think of a name - mmm..? Hey my dad would always call me Joni Baloney - maybe THAT would be a good name lol! Thank you Steve for this inspiration. -- Joni