Cyrenaic

Cyrenaic

Sunday, July 05, 2020

This Fourth of July- 2020


SJ Otto
After all the isolation through the coronavirus and taking care of a loved one who got sick a lot during the last holidays (Thanksgiving/ Christmas) it was great to celebrate a holiday, even if it was a semi-politically incorrect one. I had a cook out and we lit some fireworks off yesterday, July 4. My Brother John came and an old high school friend Tom Saad. Tom is an artist and he has been making prints of his paintings and selling them. I have a couple of them. He is a really good artist.
John came, ate a hamburger and shot off some fireworks. He left before it got absolutely dark. But he is younger than me and always has a lot to do.
It was a really nice outing. I have not had friends and/ or family over in more than a year. So I was really happy to have my friends and family members over. We cooked burgers, brats and ears of corn on my grill. It went swell.
Later in the evening Tom and I sat in the front of the house watching and listening to our neighbors fireworks. We had some of our own, many rockets, fire crackers and roman candles. It was a swell night, with a swell celebration.
Below is a picture of Tom and below that is a picture of our neighbors fireworks.







Also, here are my political July 4th messages from Otto’s War Room and the Idiot Factor:

Another Fourth of July holiday 2020— light the fireworks— shut off the jingoistic commercials


Thoughts and feelings over the US Fourth of July celebration- 2020


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear someone--or, more correctly, someoneS--were willing to brave this PANDEMIC to show up for your back yard Independence Day 2020 cook-out. Apparently there are people out there who are not SCAREDY CATS like me! Sounds great--especially the part about the grilled brats! My best to Cam.

SJ Otto said...

Do consider that there was only three of us and it was my brother and really good friend, so I really don't think we took much of a chance. Thanks for your comments.