Cyrenaic

Cyrenaic

Friday, November 01, 2019

And it is Halloween/ Samhain 2019

By SJ Otto
I can never ignore my role as a partier of my favourite holiday Halloween. It is a grand holiday, based on an ancient celebration known as Samhain. Of course each year I decorate my porch for Halloween fun.

Here I have my pumpkins lit up with candle light. It was not a good night for Halloween. It may have been the cold. Some kids came on the porch but they left without even ringing the door bell. 
This year I bought some really cool bat lights (kinda like Christmas lights). I thought it would be cool to have something different from the usual dip shit decorations. 


Unlike most years here in Kansas, this year Halloween came after a snow. The snow melted after about 10am. I only remember about one other year when it snowed on Halloween.


So that is one more report, pix, etc from the Halloween/ Samhain. on 2019. My Samhain wine did not turn out...it sucked and I had to pitch it out. But I've been drinking  cream sherrys and Octoverfest Beer. So all was not lost. There is always next year.

Later in the night I went to Kirby's to hear a really bad local band. The perfect ending to a really shitty night.
It can't be all bad. And maybe the spirits were with us.

SJ Otto

No comments: