Cyrenaic

Cyrenaic

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

More neat stuff about my trip to Cuba

I drank many different kinds of beer when I as in Cuba. These three bottles I brought back for my foreign beer bottle collection. These are all Cuban beer made in Cuba.
This is a bar I went to in Old Havana, La Floridita. Apparently Ernest Hemingway went here from time to time. The bar had this statue and other pictures from Hemingway’s days here.
Here is a close up of the statue and pictures.
This was a celebration put on by the Committee of Defense of the Revolution (CDR)

We saw a lot of military displays of weapons, most of which were involved in the Cuban war of liberation.

Here are some friends I made in that Hemingway bar, La Floridita. 
Seen here are Alex Provan, Anonymous- did not want to be identified, Marie SchusterThalya Reyes and myself.


These little rum boxes made a cool souvenir. They look like the fruit juice boxes little kids buy. But they are actually little boxes of rum. They tasted very good. They only cost about a dollar (about a peso/ or as the money says—Pesos convertible). They aren't bottles but I thought they make a neat acquisition to my collection.  
Here is a 3 peso convertible bill. These are what the tourist and foreign people use for money. 

The local people have a different currency that is subsidized. Here is a nifty Che Guevara 3 peso coin.

No comments: